Friday, May 14, 2010

12, How Can That Be?

My baby is not a baby any more at all. In fact my sweet little boy that came to us 12 years ago is growing up so fast that he is taller than me and has been for about six months. I know, as many have pointed out I am not that tall, that is not the point. John was not suppose to get taller than me until he was at least 12 years old. He did not pay attention to that though and he just keeps getting taller and more handsome as the years go by.

I feel terrible but due to the fact that we were barely settling into our new house I did not know where my camera was. Therefore I do not have any pictures of John's birthday or his special weekend. John's birthday was on a Friday and we went to dinner at Boston's as a family and then went to see Furry Vengeance. The dinner was great and the movie was very funny. Grandma and Grandpa Finn joined us for the movie and they enjoyed it too.

Then on Sunday we had Grandma and Grandpa Finn, Grandma Jeanie, Bob and Lauralee, Dawn and Rod and the kids, Laurie and Richard and the kids all join us for church. It was great to look around the chapel and see how much family John had there to support him in receiving the Priesthood and to celebrate his birthday. When John was ordained a Deacon there was barely room to move in the bishops office because we had so many attend. Matt gave John a beautiful blessing that had many of us in tears.

After church we all came back to our house and had a wonderful lunch. Thank goodness the weather was nice and the kids were able to go outside and play. They got a game of kickball going and also played dodge ball. I don't know who won, but I do know that they had fun. Later many of us also played a fun card game called Cover Your Butt. It is a game that we were taught at the Finnardsleyton (for those of you that don't know that is Finn, Bardsley, Moulton) family reunion this summer. The Hatch cousins had fun learning the game and were sad when it was time to go.

John you are such a special young man and I am so proud of you. You amaze me with your generosity and caring attitude. Your dad and I have always felt that you are a very special spirit and the older you get the more it just confirms it for us. God has something very special planned for you and I feel so very blessed that He trusted me to be your mother. I hope that you will always keep the sweet spirit that you have. We love you John!

No comments: