Tuesday, June 1, 2010

6th Grade Orchestra

John has been in orchestra for three full years now. Hard for me to believe how fast the time has gone. Middle school brought a lot of growth for John in orchestra. When he was in 4th and 5th grade they only had orchestra twice a week and only for 30 minutes. In middle school he had orchestra 5 days a week and for about 50 minutes. The improvement that I have seen in his violin abilities has been amazing. John had three concerts for his middle school and was 1st chair for all three. This is amazing to me because I know that some of the kids have been playing for much longer than John. The last concert John's main competition ( a boy named Levi) tied with John for first chair. John sat in first chair position for the first 3 songs and then switched with Levi. I was happy to see that Levi was able to be first chair because I happen to know that he has been playing since he was 4. John was happy for him as well and was more than willing to share the 1st chair spot with him. John really does not like being in the spot light. Here are two of the songs they played for the concert. I hope you enjoy them!




No comments: