Friday, May 14, 2010

Better Late than Never

Sorry that the pictures are out of order and just at the beginning but I could not move them. Blog was not cooperating with me tonight. Oh well!!













This post is more for me than for anyone else. While we were living with my mom I did not have my program to download my pictures. Now that we are in our house I finally downloaded my camera. Some of the pictures that were on my camera were from Easter. We had a wonderful Easter at my mom's.
Months earlier we had invited Steve and Trish and their girls as well as Dave and Julie and their boys to join us for Easter. We did not know at the time that we would be putting our house for sale and then selling it in 10 days. When Easter rolled around and we were not in our new house yet we were not sure what we were going to do about Steve and Dave coming for Easter. Thank goodness they spent the better part of their childhood growing up here and were both able to find other arrangements for sleeping.

The day before Easter we all got together and had an Easter egg hunt at my mom's. The kids all had a lot of fun finding the 100 eggs that were hidden. Then the kids dyed Easter eggs and had fun playing with each other. To top the day off we had our big Easter dinner on Saturday so Dave and Julie could join us. We did not want them to miss out because they went home on Sunday.
Easter morning brought more excitement as the kids searched the house in our traditional Easter morning egg hunt. It is always so fun to see the kids run about the house trying to find all of the eggs as well as their baskets. Easter fell on General Conference weekend and that is traditionally spent at Laurie's, so once we were all ready we headed to Laurie's house. As always the kids had fun their with their cousins between sessions. The house is always very lively with 14 kids in the house, but the adults still manage to listen to conference and feel the spirit that is always present.
Our Easter weekend was fun and I am so thankful for all of the family that we were able to be with.

No comments: