Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cakes

Every year for my kids birthday they get to chose a flavor and design for their cake. Here are the cakes that were made this year. No laughing, I do not claim to be professional.

This is Jessica's cake. She chose chocolate cake and wanted a monkey. I used a moneky shaped cake pan which made it easy. The only problem I had was I accidently bought whipped frosting, very difficult to decorate with.

Abbi wanted a yellow cake that was a princess with a purple dress. I made a barbie cake for the first time, and found out just how much time it takes to decorate a dress. It turned out well, at least I thougt so.

John wanted a marble cake and a violin. I am not an artist at all, so I had John draw a violin on the white frosting with a toothpick and then I did the best I could to make it look like a violin.

They were all very happy with their cakes, and that made all the hard work worth it.

5 comments:

Rasmussen Family said...

Talent, talent, talent.....you are a great mom!

John Hatch said...

Thank you for making us those wonderful cake. Not only did they look good, but also tasted good as well.

Amy Tree said...

Mary, you are awesome! Homemade cakes are so much more fun than from the store, and they taste better too!

The Christians said...

Those cakes are awesome!! Your kids are beautiful. Jonathan will be 4 end of July. He's pretty crazy on his bike.

Mary Peterson said...

Hi Mary!
I agree with Amy! I love homemade cakes! You are one talented lady!