Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentines Day!!




Both Matt and John got up early on Valentines and made breakfast for the girls in the house. We woke up to a decorated kitchen and the wonderful smell of heart shaped pancakes. Matt also knows something that his wife is addicted to and that is chocolate. Instead of giving me real roses he gave me chocolate roses instead. They were very good!!
Later that evening my mom was kind enough to come over and watch the kids while Matt and I had a night out. We went to dinner and then to a hockey game. In case any of you are wondering the hockey game was my idea. Matt has been getting a lot of slack for taking me to a hockey game for a Valentines date. Not only was the game my idea, but I bought the tickets. We had so much fun watching the game and we got to support a wonderful cause as well. Valentines night happened to be breast cancer awareness night and they were trying to raise $10,000 dollars to go to the Susan G. Colman foundation. All the hockey players wore a special pink jersey in support of breast cancer. All who attended were asked to wear pink as well. The arena was sea of pink, it was an awesome sight. They met their goal which meant that 10 of the hockey players shaved their heads. Matt and I has so much fun that we hope to catch several more home games before the season ends in March.

No comments: