Wednesday, December 31, 2008

John's Leg

John said that I needed to post and update on my blog about his leg. So that is what I am doing. For those of you that don't know the beginning part of the ordeal with Johns leg you can check my blog titled "My Poor Boy". John spent two months in the external fixator and once that was taken out he was put in a long leg cast. He was in the long leg cast for a month and we were told that if after the month was up his leg did not show improvement he would need a bone graph and plates put in his leg. Thank goodness when we went back to the doctor on the 22nd of Dec. we were told wonderful news. His leg is finally healing and he was put into a short leg cast. John was delighted to be able to have at least some movement with his leg again. He kept saying over and over, "I can bend my knee". We are all hoping that when John goes to the doctor at the end of Jan. that he will get his short leg cast taken off and finally be done with the long journey of healing his leg.

2 comments:

Denise said...

That is great news! We are so thrilled. I can't even imagine going through that, but if anyone can do it, it is you as the mom and John as the kid. Happy New Year!

Caren Sorenson said...

Dear Mary,
It was so great to see your blog, and enjoy your Christmas and other events with you. Keep blogging, I'm watching you all.
Love Aunt Caren