Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Day in The Life of The Hatch Family

I have recently felt like a chicken with its head cut off due to our busy schedule. I thought it would be fun to post what a typical day is like in our household.

  • Wake up for Matt and I is 5:30
  • Matt goes on the base and works out with his squadron and I work out at home
  • 6:15 I head upstairs to get in the shower and ready for work
  • 6:45 wake up girls and get them ready for school
  • 7:00 John gets in the shower and gets ready for school
  • 7:15 Matt returns from his work out and gets in the shower
  • 7:30 we all eat breakfast
  • 7:50 we are all out the door, Matt off to work, I take the kids to school
  • 8:00 I leave the school and go to work
  • 2:00 I get off of work and pick up Abbi
  • 2:55 John and Jessica get out of school
  • 3:00 do any homework that John and Jessica might have
  • 3:30 snack time
  • 4:45 John gets ready for football
  • 5:00 make dinner
  • 5:15 Leave for football practice or game
  • 5:30 the girls and I eat dinner, Matt and John are off at football and eat when they get home
  • 6:00 on Tuesday and Thursday we all go to John's football games
  • 7:00 Mon. Tue. and Wed. school for mommy starts
  • 8:15 Bedtime for the kids, Matt has this duty by himself three nights a week now
  • 8:30 free time for Matt every night and for myself on the nights that I don't have school
  • 10:00 I arrive home from school on the nights that I have class
  • 10:30 bedtime for mommy and daddy

This is a typical weekday in our household. Just typing it out is enough to make my head spin. I also have a very busy church schedule as I was just called to be the First Counselor in the Relief Society. With this busy schedule I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful husband and three wonderful children. If it were not for them I would not be able to manage my life as well as I do.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Wow! That's making my head spin too! Where do you work? and what are you going to school for? I also loved the stories about John playing football...that's hilarious! By the way, the castle cake looks harder than it is, it's actually pretty easy.

Mary said...

Cynthia, I work at South Middle School in their cafateria. I currently work in their bakery department, which I love.
I am going to school to become an Elementary school teacher.

MAB said...

whew! I think I need to go take a nap now, just from reading about your day!